I concur. (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 15:45 (3258 days ago) @ Earendil
edited by INSANEdrive, Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 15:50

I don't know what the solution is. Maybe if it had all been spaced out more. Perhaps it's to go back in time and temper expectations of the game. Our initial expectations have created this little fear of what will be delivered. If Bungie had exceeded our expectations with content to date, we wouldn't give a rats ass if a tiny quest were wrapped up in an energy drink, because we'd be confident that the next expansion would be enough. Instead we're hungry for content and change, and everything we know about is broken up and charged for with products a good number of us don't want.

Thus, the little things that we're hearing about don't serve to give us confidence and alleviate our fear, they actually serve to promote it.

This is where communication comes in.

My advice for Bungie [dons Cody hat] is to try and slow the pace at which we find out about content that won't be in TTK. Or, try and temper it by providing us with information on the cool things we DO get. If for example you have 50 more of these excluded quests that are part of 50 more promotions, it would be a really good idea to tell the community that the Taken King will come with 1000 new quests on its own. If we had an ideal of what fraction of content wasn't in TTK, we'll be less likely to let our wildest fears run rampant. No one wants rampancy.

Anyone here surprised they didn't announce that HoW wasn't going to get a raid intill the last second?
(Which also follows back up the the first point)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread